Black, Gold & Red Family Themed 6 Inches Mini Album



Hey Everyone,

One of my favourite type of patterned papers is those with the gold or silver polka dots and for this black, gold and red themed mini album, I found the perfect paper. This red patterned paper with embossed gold dots is from Echo Park. I used it as the background paper for the cover page and I didn't do any masking or stamping because I didn't want to spoil it. So I worked on layering several die cuts together from some past collections that I haven't been using for quite awhile. I'm still bummed I didn't get the diecut pack from Maggie Holmes gather collections because I thought that some of the pieces couldn't be used for my projects. But thinking back about how her packs always contain some flowers just like the one I used for the cover, make me regret big time, lol. 'Best' of all, this is the second time I missed out on her packs. 


I find that if you learn how to layer well, they can work to your advantage especially when you're pressed for time, aka, just an hour or so when you need to get ready for your day job, haha. The only 'real work' I did was die cutting the swirl using my Sizzix BigShot machine. These type of machines are not cheap including the dies. So if you have it, do use it well instead of letting them sit and collect dust. Otherwise, best to sell it off to someone who needs it more and will definitely use it, but of course since it's going to be second hand, do give it a cheaper and more worth it price :)

For the inner pages, I alternate between black and red with some gold patterned paper and glitter paper mixed in.They are not in full size but I've cut them out to several shapes and use them as decorative pieces such as triangles for the corners as you can see from the first two pages below.

I also used it to diecut the hexagon shape. Oh, I learnt that to make it less hair pulling because you just can't get the smaller pieces out after die cutting, it's best to roll it a couple of times as it ensures that the thick glittered paper gets cut through. Then it's easier to remove the smaller pieces.

Usually when I make explosion box cards, I will keep one or two square pieces after I cut the paper to make the box foundation. I will use it for other box cards or for mini albums. I did use them for the inner pages like the ones below too. 

I hope you  like the mini album I did below and thanks for dropping by!






Comments