Light Blue Christmas Themed Trifold Card & Pop Up Box Card




Hi there,

I thought I would do this special post as today is Christmas Day and if you're celebrating it, Merry Christmas to you! Otherwise, happy hols!! 

For me, I'm nursing a tummy upset, haha. Anyway...

I did a three types of card and I'm featuring 2 types here. One is a pop up box card and another is a trifold card. The one above is the pop up one which is similar to the trifold card in which it can lay flat and kept away if not in its standing position.



This is only my second box card and I hope to make more of these in 2017, haha. It's pretty easy actually. I used mostly older collections and I had actually bought minimal christmas themed embellishments this year though I couldn't skimp on the papers. Honestly, the Christmas papers were widely available way before Christmas season but when you're trying to find them, to find a nice one is like finding a needle in a haystack..lol. So take my advise, if you see nice Christmas patterned papers and embellishments, please just get them first if you're planning to make cards later on. I'm lucky I got this pack of stickers from Simple Stories because after that I don't see it anymore. I didn't use much of it here because I really wanted to use what I have first so that I don't waste them.

I actually like to use light blue as the base and have pops of colours in maybe red and green. I think it makes a nice colour combination and make the cut out designs look more outstanding besides having them layered. As a final touch, I used a mini inexpensive puncher to punch out these small snowflakes from a vellum dotted patterned paper. You can see me use it for the trifold card. 

I hope you like these cards that I've made and happy holidays to you.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments