Explosion Box Card in Red with a Fabulous Birthday Theme & Waterfall Tabs




I've always wanted to try this explosion box design with the triangular shaped borders coz it makes my box look like a star, haha. At first I didn't like  it so much but I think after awhile, it kinda looks more complete, together with the waterfall tabs at all the four sides.

I also got a new die which is a value packed one coz it's $17.90, I think somewhere around there, and not only does it come with the phrase die you see on the box cover, it has flower and leaf die. I wanted to use the flower die as well but the waterfall construction took awhile to do, lol.



I took a shortcut and used a sticker for the centre greeting. It ties in with the colour scheme.
I didn't struggle too much making the waterfall tabs because you see, I am more of a designer than a constructor, haha. But I managed to make it without a hitch this time, I dunno..luck, I guess. Oh, and maybe practise too.

As I didn't have the full squares as I didn't fully cut out the four corners, I salvaged what I had which was the triangular shape to design the box cover. It took me awhile to figure how to make the diecut phrase pop but i managed to pull it off by propping the cut out doily instead as the background piece.

I hope you like this explosion box card that I've made. For custom orders, please feel free to send me your order queries via the order form.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments