Stitch Character Pop Up Birthday Card


I was actually a bit doubtful about making this pop up card but it was not as if I had never made it before. So I didn't reject it and started to think through on how I can make this card. Lastly, I didn't want to overcomplicate things and did a little research to recall on making a simple pop up. It didn't take me long to find a website and even though it was a simple pop up mechanism, she did such amazing job with her creativity. So based on her ideas, I came up with what you see above, two Stitch figures with a heart in the centre.

The only thing I need to be a little more careful is the spaces in between where I cut the double lines to form the pop up mechanisms. It needs a little planning as well so that they don't look too cramp or too spaced out.


lightly decorated cover with a polaroid die cut frame in pink and blue swirls


I kept the cover design pretty simple and I don't know if you notice but I seem to like using frames such as this cute polaroid frame which comes in a diecut pack from Maggie Holmes Carousell collection which I honestly love. The colours seem to coordinate well with the colours on Stitch. I did some simple layering of patterned papers, cut a doily into two and arrange them together with the papers.

For the embellishments, I concentrated on the bottom layer. Again, I used a die cut from the same pack, I think, and then decorated at the corners. I should really stock up on these really cute enamel dots again. It's pretty hard to get them in pretty pastel colours. Oh, and then I added a little wood chip heart to finish off the card.

I hope you like this card I have made.

Thanks for dropping by!


Comments