Green & Black Trifold Card for a Guy's Birthday


A birthday card for a guy is pretty tricky, if you ask me. But it can be done with a few tricks under my belt. One thing for sure, colour co-ordination plays a part. And then I also have to rely on embellishments that do not scream girly designs.

For the card above, I stamped an image of a bicycle. It is a little small to cover most of the front of the card so I solved the issue a little by being creative such as die cutting a doily and layering it with die cut stars. The rest of the card was made up mostly of stickers within the same colour scheme of green and black so it will look more cohesive. To me, this is also a good way of using the older collections of stickers which I have accumulated over the years and never seem to cause a dent, lol.

The chipboard frame is one of my favourites to use too and I chose this one in black and white frame that is small enough to frame the stamped bicycle image.


One of the things I like to do when designing a trifold card is decorating the bottom flap that will peek out a little embellishment, such as this one with the 'dream' wood chip.

To finish off the card, I cut various elements from patterned papers, again following the same colour scheme.




I hope you like this trifold card design that I did for a guy's birthday. Thanks for dropping by!

Comments