8 Inches Farewell Handbound Album in Pastel Colours & Floral Theme


Last month, I did a full 8 inches handbound farewell album and I thought that this was quite an accomplishment considering that I did not actually do this for a long time. It's honestly quite hard to get the alignment right and I'm not exactly the queen of alignment, haha. But somehow I tried to do it as accurately as possible and managed to come up with a decent book like this.

Of course the decorating is the best part and I've made use of mostly stickers because they're easy to use as decors. In between layers, I had die cut out stars, scallop circles and a quite a big piece of snowflake. To make them stand out a little, I used gold glittered paper as the base to diecut these shapes from.

After cutting each paper to 8 X 8 inches, I had some leftover papers which I then used as the background for each paper.




I loved these gold stars which I had die cut. If you have a die cutting machine, I suggest getting these as one of the basic dies to have. It will be really useful. At times, you don't have to think too much and can work two pages at one time using one sticker sheet like the one below. Previously, I had embossed paper and then coloured them in using dye ink but ended up not using this piece. So I cut it into two and used them for the background instead.


Flower designs are a staple when decorating a book that goes to a female recipient unless of course she's not into florals.



I like to buy clear crystal gems that come in a pack like the one on the right page below and used them as embellishments. If possible, I want to hoard them because they ran out easily from stores. So if they have new stock, I like to buy them and  use them quite sparingly to better stretch their usage for more projects.



I hope you like this album that I have made and thanks for dropping by!

Comments