Pink School Themed Farewell Bifold Card


This was one of the rare times I got to make a bifold card and I loved getting this chance because I get to play around decorating with my never-seem-to-end embellishments like stickers, diecuts and various patterned papers.

I have to include several elements and that is why you see different things going on in this card like a Doraemon, a cat and some school related stuffs, haha. But I try to keep make things look together, kinda like scrapbooking.

For textures, I used an embossing folder in my favourite swirly pattern and then since I didn't use the distress ink for a long time, I had used it to colour in the  patterns to make them stand out a little. I wanted it to have a soft colour so it didn't look like it overpowered the card.

Also, I had not played on the border punches for a long time too so I did so for this card. Do you realise how long I have not used these things? Gosh. You know it's actually good to revisit old techniques and the materials that you have in order to reignite the creative sparks. Plus the border punches and the distress ink are not cheap, to be honest. So this time, if there are any chances of using them, I definitely would do so next time.

The one I like most is the little spot of decoration at the top corner. I cut out a portion of a journal card and a butterfly. To make the butterfly look like it's floating, I placed a foam tape in the centre of it and flap up the wings.

I hope you like this card that I have made. Thanks for dropping by!


Comments