Blue & White 1st Anniversary Themed Box Card


Recently, a favourite shop of mine where I would buy my paper crafting supplies, had closed down. I used to remember this shop used to be bustling with customers and people buying so much and paying so much. But now whenever I visits, it would usually be curious customers or tourists and sometimes people asking for products they don't sell.

But honestly, while I am still doing papercrafting and making a side income from it as well, I have to say that most of the designs from the manufacturers were not quite appealing. I should say that they would do better if their designs catered mostly to the customers and not what the designers would find appealing in their opinion just coz they liked certain things. Like I can't figure out how to use a crawling bear sticker and diecut in my design.

Still, the popular themes like wedding, whenever manufacturers bring out these themes, they sell out like hotcakes. So when I get first dibs on these products, I would usually buy them in an instant even if I don't have current projects revolving around love or wedding themes.

When the shop was closing down, I made several trips because they were slashing prices even in the last week of it. Though I didn't buy more than $100 in total, technically, I would have spent more without the discounts because they were pretty generous with it. I bought metal dies as they were the most expensive and I liked to use that were more generic and I would definitely use.

Okay let's get on with regular programming, haha.



This light blue and white anniversary themed box card is so pretty because the colour combination worked pretty well together. Sometimes I liked to look at how others do explosion boxes and while admittedly, theirs were so much nicer and more interactive, it wasn't quite my thing. I liked it to be more design based. For the pictures on the top layer, I used a fancy scissors to cut the borders for the effect. I got this idea from one of the pictures I saw.



I am also doing stamping now and either using my old stash or using the new one like the 'let's celebrate love' which I got from the recent closing down sales as described above. I never got a stamp with an accompanying die and it saved time a little coz I don't have to cut out the word which I usually do. I just run through the Big Shot machine.

I hope you like this box card that I have made. For custom orders, please feel free to send me your order queries using the order form in the link above.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments