Black and Turquoise Fabulous Birthday Explosion Box


Hi there,

This was one of the boxes that was not generic but had many elements of things or interests associated with the recipient and which symbolised their friendship. The colour combination is also pretty cool and I don't know if this is the trend, but I seem to get many requests to include black as one of the main colours. Black however, if combined with other colours, can make the box stand out.


I'm grateful for the internet too for providing people like me, who can't draw, illustrations that are made free to download. Like these little icons for Spa. The brush was cut out from a patterned paper and I had also cut out other designs too from various papers to make up different themes. Their sizes fit quite perfectly in a collage for each panel that had a theme on its own. I normally would resize them on the computer before printing them out and using glue tape to adhere.



I would refer to my past designs too for inspirations because I tend to do the same or almost the same design for the box covers. See, I have mentioned that black really made the turquoise or most other colours stand out too.


I hope you like this explosion box that I have made recently.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments