Season's Greetings

There are so many Christmas themed paper products, stationeries and embellishments in the local scrapbooking stores and since I don't celebrate Christmas, I will actually give them a pass. But then I ended with two products, one is a patterned paper and the other is a sticker sheet, with some Christmas themes to it. I figured, ah well, I will just use the non Christmas-y parts for my card projects. Then I started to see many Christmas themed cards and I thought ah well, why waste so decided to make a few Christmas cards.

Anyway, we will have this annual gift giving at work so I guess this time, if I don't sell these cards now before Christmas, I can still use them to give together with the little gifts for them. Oh, I also tried using different design styles such as a cimpler and cleaner looking design, a solid cardstock as background with some white space because usually I will cover the whole front of the card with a patterned paper and colouring. I am learning different card design methods but honestly I like layering the most because they give my cards a more interesting and dimensional effect.

So here's my card projects along with some explanations. The sticker elements are from a single 12 X 12 sticker elements sheet from Simple Stories in their 2011 Christmas collection.


XMAS 01


So the main focal point is of course the Christmas tree which I had used distress stickles in Diamond to give the baubles some sparkle. I used a journalling card (another fav aspect of my design technique) as a photo mat. The background patterned paper is also from a Christmas Collection from Basic Grey which I also didn't realize it is Christmas themed until I bought it. However, the whole 6 X 6 paper pad is useful for other non Christmas related projects as well.

I also used some small scallop border stamps from Studio G in red distress ink and had a red coloured small width washi tape running along the border.




XMAS 02

For this card, the focal point is the Christmas stocking which I then used twines on the two sides as though the stocking is hanging. I would say this is a rather simple card,  in my card making world anyway, as I let the background patterned papers do the work with its snowflakes design. I added washi tape design in red on top to co-ordinate with the red stockings along with some script washi tape in white on the left hand corner.




XMAS 03


This card is more busy looking due to the background patterned paper. This time, I also misted some pink colour on another background panel as a backdrop to the Christmas Greetings cut out patterned paper. I also added a twirled twine and a red flower sticker on a foam dots as simple embellishments. No stamping was used on this. The snowflake sticker is also used from the same collection with a large diamante as the central piece.

I have 3 more Christmas cards to make to complete the collection. 

To purchase them, you can visit my facebook page.

Comments