Quick & Easy with Journal Stickers

Hi hi,

To be honest, sometimes I don't have the energy to think of a new design. I may sketch or I may draw inspiration but it's not all the time I have ideas on how to design my card. But with whatever I have, I try to come up with a decent enough design. Lack of passion? I don't think so. It's like a writer's block. Whatever it is, I must keep going because I believe in my design and I want the recipient to feel like the card is special. To me, whether a design is simple or complicated, you must put your heart and soul into making the card.

So in the wee hours of the morning, I had to come up with two designs because my card order lacked of two cards and I was too shagged to do them the night due to work burn out. I didn't want to think complicated but clean and simple. Somehow, I managed to make them and this is the result.

laugh and play

little joy





Now I have the tendencies to use phrase stickers to add some meaning to the card instead of just plain ol' embellishments. Oh, speaking of embellishments, I recently bought a bunch of American Crafts ribbons at less than $10.00 online from a scrapper who was selling many of her stuffs away. I saw this blog and her designs are filled with ribbons and I love how she use them for her mini albums. I only know one way of using it which is to tie a ribbon bow....and I'm not very good at it.

From my card designs above, you'll see that I used ribbons as embellishments. Interesting, eh?

I got the phrase stickers from journal sticker books which I have 3 of them from different manufacturers. Nowadays people are not just scrapbooking but doing stuffs like project life and smash book and they're really quick and easy to use because we don't have the luxury of time in the fast paced life and at times we just want to just paste things down and decorate quickly.

Plus they're slightly easier on the pocket because you get quite a lot of stickers from a sort of mini sticker book for around S$7.00 plus. I used them for my recent quick and easy card projects above.

L-R: American Crafts Amy Tangerine, Dear Lizzy & Simple Stories Snap Stickers

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments