Awesome Custom May Birthday Cards!

I know my birthday cards are not as profesh looking as those from Stirring Hearts whose cards are so well made with beautiful designs and I would love to make cards like them some day if my online shop takes off and I can purchase one of those die cut machines. For now, let's stick to collages plus cutting and pasting..haha.

But I do admire the 'brains' behind Stirring Hearts and how the owner initially coped with a full time job while maintaining a blogshop in the evening (pretty much like me except mine may start past 12 after a nap and end up 3 ish in the morning). She of course has achieved success and while that is such a nice job, I don't think I can give up my full time job..haha. I have achieved my dream of having my own online shop specializing in a niche of one of a kind handmade crafted goods and it's a constant challenge for me to make this venture a success and getting words out. It's not easy of course since I have a very limited budget but no matter what, to me, it's not a matter of sales, but a matter of sharing my passion and creativity and making others happy getting a unique and personalized card or gift.

So, support handmade people! =)

Plus, I am so so honoured to get this gig to make birthday cards. I hope, by word of mouth, or in social media terms, when people 'like' my facebook page, I get more of such orders and trust me, it doesn't matter if I have to stay up late to do them, like I have been doing recently..haha, I will ensure I will fulfill all my orders to the best of my ability. Of course, if I can't do something, I will be upfront about it and not wishy washy it because I believe if I can't, I shouldn't fool you into thinking I can. Yes, that is what mlcardshop is all about =)

I made these cards over the weekend including yesterday. Oh, I realize I have been a little bit faster now in making cards because when an idea strikes, we should not strike it down quickly and quickly adapt to it. In other words, quickly paste it down! haha..

Yay to these birthday cards, and more to come because I ran out of tape glue..


I fussy cut two flowers from a patterned paper and use them as embellish a cut out tag from another patterned paper. Punched out some stars and also a punched out a fence border edge for some decorative element.


I cut a rather larger flower shape and paste it at the bottom of the card. I also misted the background patterned paper with a hexagon mask. The central piece is actually a cut out from another patterned paper which is actually a leftover scrap from a fellow scrapbooker.


Honestly, I hardly use flowers but I think this colour of this flower co-ordinates with the clipboard die cut piece from the Dear Lizzy frolic collections. Other embellish include a chipboard piece of a old style camera. I also used a leftover piece from a border edge punch. No waste, people!


I like the swirly pattern on the background piece and the colour of the camera on the 2X3 journal card co-ordinates with the patterned paper. I fussy cut a flower and added it at the edge to bring in some colour to an otherwise boring brown colour. 


Another fussy cut piece of flower pattern but now it's larger and occupies half the card. Background chevron was misted on but you can't really see here, there are some nice gold flecks to it. I also stamped some nice hearts swirls from Lawn Fawn.



A simple masculine card in blue, brown and green colour. I added an aeroplane sticker from Simple Stories and cut out a cloud image with colourful raindrops from another patterned paper and stuck foam dots behind it to make it pop.

Custom birthday cards are available for order based on your colour and design preference. Do drop me an order..thanks! =)

Comments