Fun with Misting & Masks - Part 2 (Cards)

Argh, I suffered from mental creativity block yesterday! I tried to sit down, think of some ideas to make a handmade card but didn't manage to squeeze out much creativity juice..haha

But I did manage to somehow make one card which looks rather decent enough. So this was done on a Saturday morning..







I used a stamped image of mason jar from Dear Lizzy. There was another version that came out early last month but it was completely sold out the day it came out...awww....but it's okay, I can still make something out of the one I have with the little cute butterfly and stamped images of little stars.

Oh! This was also the first card that I attempted to use a chevron patterned mask from Studio Calico.

Result? I like!!

Uhm, but I kinda ruined the back of the card a bit because the colour seeped on it. But after that I learnt from my mistake and the second card did not have a pretty disastrous back. So this is my second card I made yesterday night and which I concluded I have the creativity block.






This one has a nice hexagon patterned background. You can't really see it here but I also misted some bronze colour so it has this nice lovely bronze-y hues.

I guess I just let the main sticker embellishment of 'Simply the Best' and the camera wood veneer do the talking eh? Still I guess it's okay. Simplicity at its best :)

These cards are available for sale currently on my facebook. They can be customized with your own greeting. I will soon update this blog and my other two online shops with the new coming soon batch of cards.

You can also order customized cards (available in 3 sizes) through my order page and do let me know if you have any design preferences.

Thanks again for coming and don't forget to share this post through any of the social buttons :)

Comments