Going Back to the Past with a Hanging Decor

I made a hanging plaque or decor or however you call it, for a friend of mine. You can see it in an earlier post or go directly here. Personally, I don't make such things for myself but I had a spare chipboard from a huge piece I cut earlier on and I thought heck, why not make myself one since the one I did for my friend was pretty nice. Why I don't make such things for myself is simple. I don't have enough space in my room. First, I seriously need to declutter my room. I have tried a few times but it's always not good enough. Go figure.

In fact, it's also one of the reasons why I haven't really jump on the bandwagon to make the much crazed mini album. I've learnt how to make this mini album from a single pice of 12 X 12 patterned paper but to even make space to keep this one mini album, I have to throw stuffs away which I haven't figure out yet what to throw unless I really need the space for something. I'm like a hoarder in denial..haha. I used to be a serial hoarder so that's why I have gone low on the radar by buying fewer stuffs in recent years..erm..including make up stuffs..okay, I try.

So I came up with this hanging decor and the picture was actually taken back then in erm..2005? Wow, that's quite some time ago. And yes, the trio of girls is still together! Yay to long term friendship.

Friendship through times. Please click for a larger view

Initially, whenever I have to embellish or decorate such an item, I get clueless. It's not like making a handmade card. It's a totally different ball game. I did pick up few tips along the way watching you tube videos so I somehow manage to come up with the above item.

Predictably, I don't have space to hang this piece. But I also need to 'beef up' my facebook page to generate interest which hopefully translate to sales. So far, it hasn't happen yet but keeping my fingers crossed =)

So if you want to order, do hop on here and trust me, you don't have to break your piggy bank to afford such *ahem* beautiful masterpiece.

Comments