World of Stickers & Colouring

One of the things I have been buying since I was a little girl is stickers. I mean, seriously, how can you not love it? I even have a collection of old stickers, which don't stick anymore but they're so pretty..I can't throw them away even though I can't really use them for my cards. Well, probably for scrapbooking where I am not really particular and I'm not really artistic to make beautiful art pieces. Like my mum said, I'm merely cutting and pasting, ha!

Oh, in case you want to know what is copic colouring, here's a video..



So pretty but er..so tedious for me.  Each colour has different shades of colour in different numbers. Tedious..confusing..argh. For someone who colours horribly (so I can forget about copic colouring),   can't draw and can't tie a ribbon under 1 minute -_- , at least one thing for sure that I can do is...

PASTE STICKERS!!!

(^ ^)

All the stickers collection from Simple Stories

American Crafts, Dear Lizzy & Simple Stories (A different sheet as shown above)





So as you can see from some of the 'botak' or missing pieces, these stickers are heavily used. I either buy the sticker pad or the 12 X 12 sticker sheet and I especially love the ones from Simple Stories because they're so colourful and versatile. But just because I like stickers, doesn't mean that any stickers will do. I have to see the relevance of it in my project as I have to ensure I utilize the stickers as much as I can. I am a crafter on a budget..haha.

Oh, I mentioned about copic colouring and almost all of the fellow local cardmakers are starting to use this or an expert in it and the result. AH-MA-ZING.

A little shout out to one of my favourite local cardmakers Madey Lim who uses copic colouring in her cards design. As for the cards I think she should charge more than what she's currently charging because she put in so much effort in her process. Good job! I admit, I'm a little jealous because I can't even colour properly, let alone using these different shades of colours to give a nice gradient to the overall stamped image. But then you know, jealousy won't take you anywhere. Instead, I should learn from the better crafters like other skills that I can pick up and adapt as my own. Not copy, mind you.



But then, everyone has their own ways of doing and also has their own brand of supporters. Just like one of my favourite beauty blogger Sarah Chaudry who loves colourful make up and who dares to go bold while other bloggers prefer a more muted or neutral looks which is safe but boring. Sometimes in life, you need a little colour, people..just like my colourful cards..hehe.


Preview of June birthday cards


But then, I do have my quiet moments. I'm actually introverted by nature and if you leave me alone in a room full of strangers, I will just DIE. Okay, maybe not to that extreme because I have started to open up a bit and somehow know how to make conversations..boring ones..but still, at least to keep the ball rolling, yo.

I will be covering it in  my next post with my lesser than colourful cards. But they're still pretty..at least according to me, and if you do appreciate it as well, I thank you =)








Comments