Name Boards with Die Cut Letters

I've always wanted to make a personalized name board such as the ones below because they're personal and so nice but die cutting the individual letters is another different story..haha. When my friend was asking for suggestions on what I sell so that she can buy from me as birthday gifts for her colleague, I thought this would be the opportunity for me to make the name board! For someone who crafts, I don't craft for myself or at least for my room. I prefer making for others. My room is cluttered enough already.

I try to make do with as much handmade stuffs as I can rather than just relying on store bought materials to cut costs. Plus I would rather the final product is more handmade. So I came up with pom pom flowers using regular crepe paper, ribbon roses and washi tape flower. The last mentioned flower took awhile for me to make because I have to cut small strips of washi tape to cover the cardboard to make the spiral looking flower. But I try to beat the boredom by watching a you tube video while making it.

I even held a mini giveaway and selected the lucky recipients via random.org and I hope they like their products! I still consider myself as a newbie with little crafting experience so basically I charge little on manpower, or the hours I have put in which is sometimes in the middle of the night before waking up for work, and mostly on the craft materials I have used. I'm not looking at making a lot of money but a steady side income which I will save some for emergency and the rest for the family. Sometimes I don't even want to charge but they want me to make some profits at least, not because we're colleagues or friends. I thank these people for their support from the bottom of my heart :)

Click on the pictures for a larger view:














Comments