Notebook Orders for July

I am happy I got a few notebook orders in the month of July and honestly, I enjoy designing the covers of each one. I have begun to use fabric trims, paper flowers, even crepe tissue paper and they really do give that special touch. However, I don't use them excessively because I prefer having other embellishments speak for themselves too and also add on a few extra personal that are exclusively my own signatures.

Oh, to add on, the birthday cards that I have made for August are designed with not just a cut and paste technique. I have added medium such as water colouring and some basic painting of different colours besides my usual misting technique. This is because I have been influenced by the current trend of using mixed media techniques. Well, it is quite a thrilling creative ride for me because I'll never know what I will end up with as the final product. I have to make use of my brother's water colour palette back from the days he was in secondary school and also the poster colours which bought for $11 plus after discount from the original price of $17.00.

The price for mist sprays, the popular Tim Holtz distress paint and ink are a bit too steep for me so these are cheaper alternatives. Plus there is no way you can buy just one to get the desired colour effects. Oh, if you want to dabble in paint as part of your artwork such as the ones below, I highly recommend white paint and if you want to venture slightly more, gold paint. Gold definitely add pizzazz to your work.

So these are my notebook orders for July. Thanks for trusting me to design for them! Oh, one trivia on these notebooks, some of them are actually for birthday peeps! So because of that too, I try to put in special touches here and there like going beyond my usual design style.












Thanks for dropping by!

Comments