I'm Feeling Blue - Notebook Cover with Blue Blooms

I love the lusciousness of the blooms and I wish I could use the whole strip of it for just one project like how I see some people use it to cover the spine of the handmade album. Really nice. But for me, I like to cut it up and use it for several projects. I have several colours but at first I'm a little bit stumped on how to use the blue coloured one especially the dark blue colour.

You would have seen it in my previous post on how I manage to get it at such a cheap price. I guess they don't know how to use it also? Ha..but whatever it is, I somehow able to sneak it into the design of an altered notebook.

I took out the bag of the Webster's Pages goodies (I kept it separately from the rest) and try.....to make something out of it. Looking at the designs on the postcards that come in a set, I thought hey, I know what I can do with them. Again, taking out my good ol' pair of sharp nose scissors, I begin to dissect, I mean, cut out some designs out of them. It's one of my fool-proof design method. Cut out and then lay them out nicely by trying to think out of the box. It helps to also learn how other people design as well which can range from an intricate beautiful 'mess' to simple yet clean and effective.

For me, I like to dabble in both. I can't exactly create a very intricate piece of art work because I'm no artist and I can't think like one but I definitely like layers of goodness. I like it layered but clean at the same time.







Thanks for dropping by!

Comments