Febuary 2014 Birthday Cards ( Streamlining the Process)

I don't like to rush in doing things but sometimes, you just got to. There's so much things to do, if you simply take your time to do, you'll be so stressed out in the end. In my case, my manager gets stressed out, LOL. She has been trying this system to make things better (she always seem to have ideas...) and this time, she made an improvement to mine. She basically tried to enlist other people to help me because she said I am doing too many things, some unnecessary, so she wants to streamline the process so that I can concentrate on the main job itself.

At first, I'm resisting to the change but she took every opportunity, especially when I was about to go home, and stayed back to ensure I stay on track with the system and see how else to improve.

Despite the initial resistance, sometimes change can be good if it helps to make you do work faster and more efficiently. This efficient also applied to the cards I made for the month of February. I actually made use of one and a half patterned papers for the 5 cards and then work on minimal embellishments. But I ensure that the embellishments co-ordinate with the patterned papers and then that's it, don't fuss a lot over them. Sometimes, less is more.

I guess I am going to continue to adopt this new system when I make the cards for the month of March. Basically, streamlining the process but still produce a work that worth appreciating.

I used layering techniques and some clusters against the backdrop of My Mind's Eye patterned papers.

Here, I present to you the 5 cards...made in quite a jiffy. Remember, you can always drop me an order query from the side bar or from the top bar.





Thanks for dropping by!

Comments