Jan Haul Part Two & Feb Haul (Prima Flowers. Save the Date Line & MME Patterned Papers)

My post on the January Haul Part Two took a little backseat because my goodness, I have never worked so hard before in my life! Okay, maybe the last time when I took the national exams, maybe? It was simply back-to-back with assignments, group work, research, class tests and all that while juggling my orders.

I actually spend my weekends waking up early in the morning, catching up with either assignments from my part-time studies or my orders. So last weekend, I took a break and decided to just....not do anything. Okay, I did something though. I actually did some organizing of my craft things because let's say, it got a little bit annoying having to be surrounded by bags instead of putting them into one solid place. For example, placing all the patterned papers that I have into one storage space. It's really convenient although I have yet to start on using this newly organized system because I took a mini break last weekend, which means I didn't do any crafting.
Yes, bad me...but it's like a mini vacation. You step away from it for awhile, recompose yourself and then it's back to work! Now my body clock works in such a way, I will naturally wake up 3 plus or 4am in the morning, as though all ready to work on my orders or my studies.

I think I'm somewhat recharged although I do feel this tinge of guilt for not doing anything. But I somehow I believe I will perform better. I also listen and read about motivational stuffs especially about running an online shop and they often mention about the same things. You need hard work, patience and a positive mindset. It's not easy but you just have to do your best and gain the trust of your current and future customers.

So, let's see what I got for myself in the month of January and February, in terms of the things I bought during the recent sales.

For January, I got these from Made with Love & Paper Market

It's a mixture of items that I've never bought before, or hardly ever bought, such as the Prima flowers, because they're pretty ex but they had a 1-for-1 promotion so basically, I only paid for one! Yayness.

Prima flowers (middle of the picture), in white and in multi colours.

So what are those wires for? I actually borrowed a zutter machine from a colleague, which is like a 2 in 1 binder machine, which I am still trying to get the hang on..hrmph..bordering on giving up but it's ok! I give myself one last try, haha. I will do a separate post once I manage to successfully bind one without any mistakes.





I try to be updated by buying things that are in right now although I sheepishly am not totally in for all the things, for example the chalkboard inspired embellishments and patterned papers. It's totally cool, don't get me wrong, but it's not really my thing.

I used the above chipboard to make this album. Here's a preview of the album.

See that heart chipboard in the middle? I like how the crystal swirls decorate the heart.
I also used the cursive 'love' chipboard in the pretty tiffany  blue colour. I believe the chipboard is from Theresa Collins Save the Date line.

More on the chipboard album in a later post.

Starting from below onwards, will be my haul for Feb. I know that it's barely past 2 weeks and I got this much of items already from Feb. Wait till you see another group of haul. Oh dear, I'm bordering on obsession.





But I actually used them for my current orders and also to stock up for future orders. I've mentioned before these things are pricey so I try to get more things during their heavy discount period, basically those that I won't  pick up without any further discount, because I'm a cheapskate like that, ha.

By the way, I used the one and half sheets of the My Mind's Eye patterned papers to make 5 cards and one of the prima flowers.

I am liking the whitewashed looking patterned paper. It has this vintage look to it.



I will be writing a separate blog post on the February birthday cards as well so keep a look out for it.

Finally, this is my latest haul for Feb (hopefully, my last one..) and if you notice because you're a fellow crafter too, they are mostly from the latest Prima Marketing collections. What really stands out is the colourful set of prima flowers.

I am still waiting for the latest Webster's Pages collections because they are to die for. I decided to cut down on buying just so that I can splurge on their collections, haha.


I have not yet used them, save for two of the crystal dots. Can't wait to share my projects with you using these collection. I  I will start work tonight and as much as I want to use them, I will have to use it sparingly because I want to use my older stuffs first.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments