8 X 8 Thank You Card

I've made bigger cards before and this one is one of my latest card. My usual card size is usually A5 & A6 and for the tri-fold card, it is 6 inches in height. Usually bigger cards are made to hold signatures for a number of people. I will have to also think a bit more because I normally design for smaller cards but I take it as a challenge anytime because I like to customize a card to make it more personalize.

This card will hold the signatures and well wishes to a certain someone who has been special to them and I am glad to make the card for them.

 For the first time, I actually used the Prima Marketing trinket and let it hang loosely from the corner. I also used pleats to deco a chipboard for some dimension and frills. Another first is that I used a chipboard house, smeared it with glue and then covered it in distress dry stickles to make it look shiny and sparkly. I liked how it turned out but I think I have to use a different glue, haha. It kinda looked a bit lumpy but I think it still looked okay to me. I will be using it again for another project though. I acquired a free wooden butterfly and I thought it will look great covered in glitter.

I've also deco the inside of the cards as well and leave ample space for the well wishes.

If you would like me to make a similar card, feel free to drop me an order query at the side bar.


Bo Bunny Chipboard to grace one of the corner and Maya Road blooms

Flourish deep punch border from Martha Steward with some paper flowers adorning the chipboard banner

The side of the card is decorated with a journal card from Webster's Pages and adorned with flower cut outs

The cover of thecard with the chipboard and metal charm from Bo Bunny. Stamped image is of a french mannequin
Overall, I gave the card a vintage-like look to it.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments