April 2014 Birthday Cards

April Birthday Cards


 Hi,

I know my style of cards is rather different from the usual and sometimes I think, why must I design it this way. But when I browse through other cards from other fellow scrapbookers and cardmakers, I can only say that I don't think they really care what others think. At most, they are proud of their own individual unique work, whether they're of clean lines or created with a beautiful mess in mind.




The key word is creativity. There's a bakery in one of the shophouses whose cupcakes are always sold within 2 hours. I am so amazed at the owner's creativity at trying her hands at making cupcakes of different flavours and also other baked goodies. While she has numerous chances of making it even bigger by taking in external orders, her concentration in making cupcakes for her own store, makes her better and better at  her crafts. Basically, there are other many small business entrepreneurs who decide on making limited quantities and on their own terms, yet they are thriving, popular and well loved.

I also run this online shop on my own terms. I don't repeat designs, for instance, and charge them at low prices (although I admit, it can be too low at times, haha) and make very limited quantities. I always like to change my style, enhance the designs further and do all sorts of improvements to make the cards look better in future.

Previously, think I mentioned before that I now love using quotes or phrases on cards, in sticker form, either pasted horizontally or my fav, vertically. While using the foam squares is a norm for me, now I like to use even more of them by giving the card even more dimension, for example, up to 3 layers.

You can't really see them the 3D effects but it's there alright, LOL.

So here's my (almost) complete birthday cards for the month of April for a bulk order.

I've returned back to my roots of using elaborate collage designs instead of just shabby chic design.

Thanks for dropping by!





Comments