Birthday Card in Floral Patterns & Pocket for Photo

This is a regular A5 sized card but with a pocket on the inside of the card to hold a photo and a journal card. Normally, I don't decorate the card on the inside but I do for this and I thought it's such a neat idea.

I don't know if it's okay for the recipient. I hope it is though!

For the front cover, I've also cut outs from different manufacturers because I realized I haven't been using the papers from a particular bag which are not from my favourite brands but they have lovely patterns that I could easily cut out and form a neat collage, pretty much like this one.

The main focal point of the card has got to be the fabric flower from Prima Marketing and it's so pretty! Nowadays, I've started to make use of my stamps again and not be lazy and this time, I learnt to incorporate stamping with the cut outs and make them appear seamlessly with one another. But the problem with direct stamping on the paper is that I could mess up so I have to be really careful.

Other materials used includes the green glass beads which I used for the first time  here. I got it together with other items from last year's Webster's Pages warehouse sales. I've also used masking at one corner of the card using Tim Holtz distress ink pad. I can't remember the name though but it's brown in colour, in contrast with the rest of the pattern that are mostly in green.

Thanks for dropping by! 





The pocket is propped up using foam dots and I added a journalling card from Prima Marketing





Comments