Altered Notebook "Believe"



I'm not an expert at scrapbooking or decorating so I take pointers from lotsa people and instead of copying their ideas in whole, what I do is I take away interesting elements from the designs. Here, what I like about the cover. I combined a bit of tulle and embellished on top with some pearl flourish which I love love love. The flowers were fussy cut outs from Webster's Pages recent collections and there's just something about cutting that's therapeutic..LOL.


Other than the layering, I've kept the design pretty basic and just layered the chipboard "believe" on top of a quote by Chanel. To add some sparkle to the cover, randomly glued pink sequins on them.

Designing doesn't have to be picture perfect. The trend I notice now is that they go all out to 'mess' things by altering existing embellishments which add some interesting colours and texture. I would love to explore this further and this month, Papermarket  has awesome 40% off discount until 6th July which at first, I thought..hrm..I'm missing out because pay day not here yet. But gosh, Jun and July..big diff!

My next investment will be white embossing powder and heat tool plus stamps from Tim Holtz Stampendous collections. Love the stamps with the grungy designs so I'm hoping I can get my hands on them too, provided there's discount. No hurry though.

Please send me your love by sharing this post and if you would like to make a custom order with me, simply send me a note via the side bar on the right.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments