Handmade Binded Guestbook for a 1st Month Birthday




What a cute baby! And how nice of the mum to come up with such a unique theme to celebrate her daughter's 1st month! She had two boys before this and she must be so ecstatic to get a girl. She showed me some samples and I was simply 'wow'ed by them! Then I thought hrm, not sure if I could come up with a similar design that looked just as nice.

But I put faith in myself and tried to study the designs but at the same time, add my own spin on it. It is also one of the rare designs that I tried to put as much details as I could. So I would say that it turned out to be a fun project because I felt like I'm drawing on a lot of things I've learnt into making the cover.

I made use of the Prima Marketing "Princess" chipboards which I said was so apt for this project! Initially I bought it for fun because I could see myself using most of the chipboards and I love the dreamy whitewashed sort of colours, which I think is perfect for romance themed cards. Didn't realize it would go well for this theme as well! 

The guestbook is in a purple and fairy tale theme. I used the Bo Bunny collection and they have mostly purple colour theme. Recently, they had a newer collection called the Madeleine and OMG, they're so gorgeous. Of course being me, despite the fact that I'm trying to save some money for my studies, I had to get them. I'm going back again to get more of their patterned papers. They're pretty versatile in their collections to cater to all kinds of scrapbookers.

Hope you like the cover of the guestbook as much as I do! 

If you want a customized guestbook, whether accordion binded or with ring bound, please feel free to contact me! Honestly, I don't charge much and the price of a 12 X 12 scrapbook can be as low as $40, without the additional pages.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments