Tri-Fold Card "Coffee & Photography"





Photography elements such as camera and film strip are popular images used by almost all manufacturers. I guess because scrapbooking usually tell the stories behind photos so naturally, camera images seem apt. It's also very apt for this card for a guy who loves photography. Oh, and also coffee.



On the cover, I used several cut out images such as the camera and two cups of coffee, I presume, and behind them, I slotted in a tag chipboard with a quote. I didn't want the whole of the quote to show up so I had it embellished with a sticker and a heart chipboard with a cute red button in the middle. For the background, I added layers with red and  purple cardstock because these are his favourite colours.


Since this card is for a guy, I stay away from loud flowers and instead, at one corner of the card, I had actually fussy cut a flower bouquet in earth tone colour so it doesn't look so overwhelming.



Normally I don't paste another layer of  patterned  paper over the panels on the inside because I think it's too much time having to cut out individual pieces. Even with my other double fold cards, I like to simply paste the whole patterned paper on the card itself rather than matting it first with a coloured cardstock and then paste it over it. Why? It makes the card looks rigid and it's quite a waste actually. Again, it's one of the things I nitpick over, lol. But yah, I'm open to using this matting technique but not all the time.

If you like this post, please help to share it and if you wish to make custom orders with me, feel free to contact me from the link above or through the order form on the right.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments