A4 Sized Handmade Birthday Card "I Treasure You"


I used a solid colour background in rosy pink as requested and after some time of using pastel backgrounds that are less stronger to allow me to add a bit of colour, I was at a loss. Then I thought I'm going to skip all the watercolour and distressing and used masking for random parts of the background paper using distress paint in Picket Fence from Tim Holtz. I thought the two contrasting colours really go well together! Hah..you can never go wrong with white.


For the centre piece, I layered another patterned paper before adding on other embellishments such as a chipboard heart and flower die cuts from Kaiser Craft. I like the calligraphy quotes from the Crate Paper die cut pack. Feel like doing them myself because I love them so much and I recalled someone who uses her own calligraphy handwriting, scanned them and printed on vellum paper, much like what you see there. Maybe I should do something similar to, but first have to improve on my handwriting, haha.

If you like this post, feel free to share it. For custom orders, you can contact me from the link above or via the contact form on the side bar. Ready made cards are also available. Just click on the shop link above where new card designs are updated every week.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments