Custom Handmade A4 sized Farewell Card "Recorded"


This is my third A4 sized card in a short span of time and while it's rather challenging to design a card of this layout, it's also a good chance for me to make use of several design techniques which can be emphasized even more due to the card size.

A colleague of mine is leaving to another place because it will enable her to look after her children. She has been nothing but a sweetheart whose hard work and creative ideas hasn't been left unnoticed as she slowly rises up the ranks. In whichever area that she has been given, she tries her best to learn and accomplish them well but still remain humble, friendly, funny, cheerful and eager to learn to improve and make things better. We are all impressed by her and during our budget meeting, I'm also impressed by how eloquent she was and how she carried herself throughout as she was questioned by the leaders.

For that, I tried my best to make a card that will be artsy looking in bright, cheery colours with feminine touches.

I used a vintage postcard as the central theme and had it decorated with pearl string and a gem, which is one of my signature looks, although I used it mainly for frames. I masked several areas of the background and coloured them in red ink followed by darkening the surrounding embellishments by watercolouring it in a darker shade of yellow colour. I coloured it as though the water was pooling underneath the bottom layer of the embellishments.

If you like this post, do share it around by clicking on any of the social buttons. For custom orders, feel free to contact me from the above link or send me order queries from the side bar. Thanks for dropping by!

Comments