Tri-Fold Card "Happy Thanksgiving"


It's always nice to know that my card will be sent overseas and this card is also technically, my first Thanksgiving card, yay! We don't celebrate it here but then, every day we should be giving thanks to many things in life and being blessed despite the shortcomings that we experience when we go through life.

I studied many thanksgiving card and I thought I made use of 3D chipboards that complement the colours of fall and added in thanksgiving symbols of maple trees and pumpkins, in pretty mix of red, yellow and brown colours.



I also went a little out of my comfort zone by purposely misaligning a chipboard piece at the corner. I don't know about other cardmakers but I kinda like things to be aligned. Oh, and I also don't like every single thing to be related. There should still be a central theme but accented with other non-related things that still complement the overall look of the card.




I guess this is my last thanksgiving card because I'll be busy making Christmas cards, wedding albums, mini albums and wedding guestbooks. Card making is still my first love and while I don't adopt many card techniques like other cardmakers, I guess this style is more 'me' as I pour over every pieces to see how best can I layer them.

If you like this post, please feel free to share it.

For custom orders of cards or other nice  things, do drop me an email or send me your order queries via the contact form on the right side bar.

Thanks for dropping by!


Comments