Guestbook for a 1 Year Old Birthday Party



I did this guestbook on the last minute request of a dear friend because she wanted a book where people will write down their best wishes for her son to read somewhere in the future as a commemoration of his birthday. I didn't charge for it because can count it as part of my gift to her. Couple of weeks ago, I bought a patterned paper with various designs from Simple Stories which I thought was perfect and I also bought a sheet of stickers. Both cost me less than $10.00 even if I'm not using the membership discount. When I buy materials, I like to see how far I can extend it for other projects, and not just for exclusively one just to stretch the dollar values.

When I see the designs, I have a pretty rough idea how I am going to use them but then when it comes to actually sitting down and designing it, I mix and match with other things that I have for some variety of designs and colour.


As this is meant for a 1 year old boy as a gift from his mum,  For the first layout, I added a few heart stickers and cut outs and also some sweet phrases. I highlighted the borders with coloured glitter and also swiped some gold stickles using my fingers diagonally at the top and bottom edges. To keep the design balanced, I added a cluster of embellishments at the top right hand and diagonally across it as well.

For the second layout, it's far simpler as I did it directly behind the cover page but still have some interest to it. The design is more in a straight line with again, two clusters of embellishments that are simpler too but I added a layer of texture beneath the cluster with leftover scraps of punched borders to give it some texture.

I used plain coloured stock papers for the rest of the pages because this was a no-frills guestbook.

If you like this post, do click on any of the share buttons.

For custom order of guestbook either for a birthday party or even a wedding, I can help to design one for you at an affordable price. Feel free to contact me from the above link or send me your order queries from the side bar.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments