Handmade Greeting Card "One of a Kind"



I like learning new skills which explains my diversified projects and that I also attend workshops (read my earlier post) to improvise on my current skills and pick up tips along the way. I feel that  everyone is capable of learning and instead of being jealous of the mad skills of other people, we can channel that negative vibes into positive ones in thinking how do we adapt and improvise on them.


So this quote on the card really resonates with me because I'm not trying to copy wholesale other people's styles. I'm simply being one of a kind. Ed Sheeran is a one such example who, on the outside is simply a crooner with a guitar, but he's more than just that. He wrote beautiful lyrics and compose beautiful songs making each one a hit after hit and he has the biggest selling album in the UK last year. He also managed to break into the US market and are bffs with some of the biggest names in the music industry such as Taylor Swift and even Hollywood.

Yet, he started off as a busker as early as the age of 13 and at one point, figured things did not work out as how he wanted it to be but decided to just try again and see how it goes. And how well it went after that because he kept climbing up the charts! A true inspiration who does not let fame gets in his way and continues on with his passion with music.

If you have the passion and love for something, you'll keep doing it right because you simply follow what your heart desires.


For this card, I have used the patterned paper from Kaiser Craft and a cut another smaller piece which I then punched with a edge puncher from Fiskars. I layered the leftover pieces from an earlier project incuding the remaining piece from the background paper on small chipboard and balanced the rest of the pieces with foam dots.

I then adhered a piece of floral Kaisercraft die cut piece and covered the middle part with the quote die cut from Pink Paislee. I finished off the card with sequins, pearls and a splatter of white paint against the background for some interest.

This card is also available through the shop. Only one piece is available so do hurry.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments