Custom Handmade Birthday Greeting Card Mixed Media Vintage Theme


Perhaps you have seen this card before and even though the order fell through, I kept the card because it is one of the cards that I've actually employed new mixed media techniques while sticking to my layered look style. I've improvised on the look a bit but since I had very little time before meet up, I did what was best, most remain untouched. I like vintage classic look type of cards because they look so elegant and perfect as a birthday card for someone who has a keen sense of appreciation for all things vintage or with a classic beauty.


I've made use of old stamp sets which I bought when I first started making cards and honestly, didn't have much clue on how best to use them. But very recently, I learnt to slowly gain knowledge and eventually experience, on how to increase the mileage of these stamps.

They are actually meant as a framing stamp where the middle part is for a picture that has been cut to shape. What got me to buy them was the swirls. I love swirls, whether in stamp, paper or chipboard form. It just gives a nice look to a card. For chipboards, it give an added dimension with its swirl details which you can enhance with acrylic paint or even by dabbing from a coloured ink pad.

Lastly, how can I miss out the doily paper of which its intricate details give a more cohesive look to the central theme of the card.

If you like this post, be sure to share it. For custom orders, please feel free to send me your order queries from the side bar.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments