Explosive Box Card "Vintage Charm"







I was quite fascinated by the box card I've seen on several blogs and I figured that this would be quite a toughie to make because of my lack of ability in accurate measurements. Yes, even with the scissors and my rather pricey long hand paper cutter. I prefer cards to be more of the artsy looking type rather than too focused on accurate measurements because even though it can be handmade, I just find it stiff looking. But that's just me because I know a lot of other people prefer these type of cards because they are more profesh looking.

Why I wanted to add this as a new addition to my cardmaking skills because I think that it can be quite a masterpiece and its flexibility in allowing to place photos, notes and others in several panels. Hence why I chose to wake up at 6 plus in the morning prior to work, and to open up the you tube account just to see how it was done. I believe that with  practice, much like my tri-fold card which then become one of the best sellers, I can make this card. Haha, such strong determination.

Read on for more close up details of the card.


I wanted this card to reflect how I want it to be decorated, as in, I don't want to exactly copy how others choose to decorate it like in a way it's too complicated or fancy looking. I believe in free and easy creativity, rather than making it look like some kind of stiff ornament.

This card is presented as a box which then 'explode' to several layers that can be filled up to how it's meant to be customized. It can also be easily folded down and stored away by the recipient.

If you like this post, be sure to share it. For custom orders, feel free to send me your order queries from the side bar.

Thanks for dropping by!






Comments