Custom Birthday Cards with Embossed Background & Diecut Frame





In close up, the cards have texture to them, where for the first time, I used embossing powder from Ranger Ink. It was trial and error but I liked how they looked shiny and at the same, texturized. I don't have mutiple colours so what I did was to stamp on the frame randomly and then, colourize it with watercolours.


Then I employed my other usual techniques which is layering. Diecutting is fun, and easier than fussy cutting. But there are times, I am too lazy to unbox it, cut the paper to size at times and then storing it. Still, if I want to produce a beautiful work, I shouldn't actually mind the work.

Then again, I wouldn't destash my diecutting machine called the Sizzix Big Shot Pro. It's an awesome machine with a minimalist design. Locally, you can get it from Made with Love. You don't have to get all sorts of dies. Get those that you know you will use pretty often and quite generic in design so you can extend the use as honestly, they're not cheap.

Below are the close ups of the cards.

If you like this post, please feel free to share the post and also, send your order queries via the side bar on the left.

Thanks for dropping by!



Comments