Altered Notebook "Frilly Lace & Pink Blings"




I'm feeling under the weather a bit but still hanging there I can't be too sick because I've got a number of orders already this week and we just passed Wednesday. So I need to still be able to sit down and do some work including doing my school project due in a week's time *gulp*which I have yet to touch.

Oh, on top of that, we are officially starting the month of Ramadhan, or better known to the masses as the fasting month. This mean that we will restrain ourselves from eating and drinking from dusk till dawn. Therefore, this is indeed a holy month and I hope that in this month, I will continue to work hard and do my best in whatever I do by simply being in the moment and being a master at what I'm doing.

Read on further for the explanation of how the design come about.




This notebook is supposed to be for a 7 year old girl and I am to follow a previous design. I actually don't do repeat designs but what I do is to take design inspirations and give it a new spin.

I didn't use any colourants for the cover except for a tiny bit of watercolouring, although I made a minor boo-boo. You can't see it because I've covered it up with a small flower..hehe..but a bit of colour still shows through which is fine.

I also tried to replicate the words on a paper tag from the previous design though not using the exact words. I recognised that they were from Simple Stories so I worked along the collection.

On the other notebook, I had used lace so I did the same for this, but I liked this lace better because it's so frilly. And the top part is flat which makes it easier to glue down. Added blings here and there including a crystal swirl at a corner and we're pretty much done.

If you like this post, be sure to click on any of the share buttons. For custom orders, please feel free to send me your order queries from the right side bar.

Thanks for dropping by!


Comments