Handmade Birthday & Bookmark Tag for a Dear Colleague "Vintage Garden"



This year, I've started to make cards for people I know. Ok technically, that will be a total of 2, hehe. But I'm getting there. I just thought that I have accumulated a number of materials from my careless buying in the past and instead of being a hoarder, I would rather make something pretty out of it. I'm also trying to find the techniques on making a fast tag or card, for my customers, as a way of saying thank you to them. In a way, I'm also reducing the scrap materials that I have and also my other embellishments so that I get to use about 70 to 80% of it.

Also, these are also significant to me as a show of appreciation for her, as I believe this could be her last year with us. She is planning to retire at the end of the year from the service. I can't thank her enough of being supportive of my humble business as well, encouraging me through out knowing that I'm doing this to make some side income to support my family.


For the above card, I'm employed a new technique I learnt online about spraying the mist into the cap and then using a flicking motion of your hand to create big and small splatters. I thought it was useful...until I started to use the technique myself. I panicked at first because it created one big splatter that I had to dab away the excess with tissue. But I guess this technique will get better later.

As for the tag, I went though my collections of papers and decided to use the Postcards from Paris Collection from Webster's Pages, which to me is, hands down one of the best collections from them. One of my favourite techniques is to 'chop up' a paper image, for example a frame, into two or more parts and lay them down in different parts of the design. It also increases the mileage of the cut up design which I will use it for the current project or a future one.

If you like this post, be sure to click on any of the social buttons to share it. For custom orders, feel free to send me your order queries from the right side bar.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments