Handmade Greeting Card "Special One"



"

I love designing cards with the flowers as the central theme. But for this card, I faced a mini road block. While normally I like to simply fussy cut out the flowers from a large or small patterned paper, for this, I need to find the specific flowers, as requested, and to cut. So I resorted to google and for the first time, I actually find out how the marigold flowers look like. I'm not much of a flower person and only know of the more popular types of flowers such as roses, orchids and sunflowers. That's how I know marigold is not just the name of a famous drink company. They're really pretty and sunny looking, much like the sunflowers. The intensity of the colours when both of the flowers combined is so great and I complemented the bold colours with a neutral background.







From other blogs, I learnt to pick up some new design inspiration which included decorating the corner diagonally across the main design area just for some interest and balance. The single sheet of patterned paper I was using for the background has some nice lace pattern on the b side which I then cut out small parts from it as layering, much like how I often use doily for.

Oh yes, for this card too, I had also included a mini card that is well hidden behind the main design area. But it can be easily taken out because I've attached a DIY tab which blends in well with the overall design scheme.


Mini card hidden inside the pocket

If you have liked this post, be sure to share it by clicking on any of the social buttons below. For custom orders, please feel free to send me your order queries from the right side bar.

Thanks for dropping by!


Comments