Custom Handmade A4 Sized Congratulations Card "Beautiful Day"




My strength in card designing is making shabby chic cards with a romantic theme because the whole theme is so beautiful and there are plenty of embellishment choices that go along with it. This card is a congratulatory card for a soon to be married couple and I've done it on behalf of a friend of mine who has been supportive of me, not just in business, but in my personal life as well. So despite how busy I am with orders, I can't say no to her.

Despite the short grace time, I still wanted to do my best and used my best papers and embellishments to make up for the lack of time, a trick I sometime use when I am pressed for time.




Somehow, I will fuss less and if it co-ordinates well, I will quickly glue it down. But of course, sometimes I do think I shouldn't have glued it first but I will improvise along the way. For the top of the card, I used a montage that I cut out from the patterned papers and for dimension, I used swirl chipboard which I had painted in white and coated with glitter and a matte medium instead of just using stickles.

To form the collage, I used parts of the journal cards that I had not fully used which were the balance from the patterns that I cut out from. For the central focus, I used a bird cage die cut from Kaisercraft and on it, I used a bird woodchip from Prima Marketing. I kept thinking if I should buy this pack of woodchips but I really liked it and felt that I could fully make use of it, compared to the designs from other packs. It was worth it and when I realised it was the last pack, I could not think any further and quickly grabbed it, haha.

I know that other people like to use a lot of flowers but I like to use just one or two so that the collage doesn't look too overwhelming with flowers. Plus, they can be pretty expensive if you don't buy them in bulk.

To add interest to the card, I used a dots stencil and used a blending tool to stencil some parts of the card, and also used glass glitter to adorn a section of the card at the top.



Close up
If you like this post, be sure to share it. For custom orders, feel free to send me your order queries.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments