Handmade Box Card "3rd Anniversary"

I don't know if you notice, although some people do, is that I like to use a dash of gold in my designs. But sometimes, it's just pure coincidence because the designers from whom I buy the materials from, like gold and include them in one of the colour palettes. I think gold goes well with everything but it can stand out more such as with pastel colours. The layered sticker from Prima Marketing (left panel) is my favourite. Although they are really hard to find nowadays, when I see them being sold on the forum, I quickly grabbed. I think I still have one of these butterfly layered sticker but maybe for an upcoming special projects.

For box designs, the uniqueness of it is that for each of the panels, I can go crazy 3D on them by layering embellishments on top of each other. I somehow feel it gives the exploding effect more ooomph or wow factor. I know other box card designers tend to concentrate more on the middle portion and kept the rest simple. It really depends on individuals but you know, I like to overdo myself :)

Another cheap way to add dimensional is to layer plain box labels as the base and layer other stickers on top using foam dots or foam stickers instead of just buying layered stickers. It's like a DIY version of these. Crate Paper of Maggie Holmes sticker sets tend to mix these box labels with other pretty stickers as well,, no matter what their theme is because they're so versatile.

If you like this post, be sure to share it. For custom orders, feel free to send me your order queries.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments