Handmade Box Card "Rainbow"



I found a different way of using patterned papers for the explosion card box to cut the time spent on measuring the papers precisely which I learnt from someone's handmade box. I simply had to cut a 4 X 12 inches of patterned paper in two different designs and overlap one above another. This will make the top and bottom form one pattern and the left and right panels forming another pattern. See above to know what I mean. I thought it is creative of the crafter to do that :)

The overall design of the box is quite simple which is not really my usual style of layering for dimension. Sometimes, less is more as long as you know to play around with colours, choosing the right embellishments or designs and adding some glitter too. My favourite method on and off, is using the glitter tape from American Crafts to add interest to the border which you can see from the mini card in the middle and also the top and bottom panel. I learnt this from a local scrapper who uses clean lines and stylishly layer on embellishments for a classic looking scrapbooking style while adding gold and silver glitter tapes which she DIY-ed herself with tape and glitter glasses. I tend to stick to pre-made ones, haha, or manually cut a straight line from glitter paper to avoid all that mess.

 If you like this post, be sure to share it. For custom order, feel free to send me your order queries.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments