Shabby Chic White & Pink Frame Birthday Card


I was super busy that day, what with a coming exams and then later on, I attended a class to make a chic themed layout which I truly enjoyed throughout the process, working with a crafter I admired. It's like a dream come true.

So about this card, I just took the pack with the Bluefern Studios paper, a manufacturer who makes very beautiful patterned papers, and if I have the option not to cut it, I won't cut it, lol. Because I didn't want to waste any papers, I took one that I have already cut for another project, and used it instead. It had this fantastic border which I cut to shape and then had it lined up on one side of the card.

Read more about the card process below.




To give the card some texture since it's going to be a very simple one, or at least how I envisioned it, I used one of my current favourites, a small dots embossing folder, to make a textured patterned paper. I then distressed the paper with ink.

To create the shabby chic design, I added a resin frame and a paper flower from a new pack I bought after I was inspired by the layout (the things they do to you after attending the class, hehe) and I thought it added a 3D look to the card.

It had also matched with the existing pattern of a flower cluster near the frame itself so it looked cohesive.

For embellishments, I used a crystal swirl stickers at one corner because I thought it looked rather plain from that angle so I jazzed it up a bit. And then finally, stuck on some hearts wood embellishments.

If you like this post, be sure to share it around. For custom orders, feel free to send me your order queries by sending me a message on the right side bar or through the above links.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments