Altered Mini Notebook Covers with Blings and Star Woodchips


I had fun altering the covers of these mini notebooks after adhering patterned papers onto them. While the current craze is adult colouring books, I still like the tactile feel of papercrafting and the embellishments that go along with them.

For the above notebooks, I tried to ensure the colours co-ordinate with each other to form a cohesive look. If the paper looks quite bare, I like to add in some glitter and liquid pearl for some shiny pearlescent effect.

I kept most of the elements quite flat so that it doesn't feel too bumpy when they write inside the notebook and so that the cover will be longer lasting.

Read on more below to see how I did the decorations for the rest of the notebooks.




I added some blings to them as requested and most are circle in shape but come in different sizes which work well together. Only one of the notebooks didn't have blings but I adhered some star woodchips, which again, work well together when you use them in different sizes.

For the picture, in order to not make the colour run after printing it out, after the ink had dried, I dabbed in a matte medium on top from Ranger to make it waterproof and slightly longer lasting than when it's just left on its own.



If you like this post, be sure to click on any of the share buttons below. For custom order of altered notebooks, the prices start from S$4.00 onwards for a small spiral notebook and you can click on the links above to make your order queries or simply send me a message on the right side bar.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments