Dog Themed Handmade Cards


Dogs can be so affectionate towards their owners as long as love and care are given to them and it's their way of showing their appreciation. I'm more of a cat person but there are just some dogs that are so fluffy, it's so freaking cute! I often see owners taking their dogs out for an evening walk as exercise and bonding session whenever I walk home from work.

These cards were made with a dog-theme in mind, assuming for dog lovers. It was actually my second attempt because my first attempt at a mixed media card didn't go through as well. So I thought this design style was more suited for the theme, although I still did some background inking.

Click through to see the close ups and design style of another dog-themed card.

I added a butterfly on each card because I wanted to break the monotony of having dogs only. I used light coloured patterned papers, which are basically leftover scrap papers I had from previous projects. Added dimension by punching borders to them and some watercolouring.

Actually, I just wanted to put a kennel beside the dog but when it came to the final layout of the card, I thought it would look cuter and more effective with the dog inside the kennel instead. So, I find that it turned the dog-themed card up a notch.





If you like this post, be sure to click on any of the social buttons below. For custom order of cards, feel free to click on the links above or just drop your order queries on the right side bar. I will get back to you asap.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments