Handmade Birthday Card "Rainbow Themed"

Rainbow themed card with a pretty striped background

This is such a colourful card because well, it's a rainbow card! My thought was to print out rainbow pictures but then I thought, why not use a colourful striped background. I can't remember which brand was the paper from but I like the pastel colours and the paper complemented the whole card.

However I didn't want it overwhelm either so what I did was to use a polka dot transparency and a lined one part of the paper with a border punched pink cardstock. Ok, actually I didn't have enough of the striped paper to cover the whole card so that helped too.

Read on to find out more about the design process and a close up.

Most times, I don't know how the final design is going to look like but I try to look for idea and sketch it out and try my best to follow it. Of course, I will improvise it along the way depending on what I have selected.

I didn't want it to look too flowery as the focus will be on the rainbows. I used a paler colour scheme for the embellishments so it will blend well with the rest. I loved the circle wheels on one patterned papers and I fussy cut them out and used them as background embellishments.

Finally, to add depth to the card, I used watercolour pencils in matching colours and layered mica flakes on top.


Close up of rainbow card

If you like this post, be sure to click on any of the share buttons link below. Want me to make a customised card for u? Each card is uniquely designed and is sure to be well received. Drop me your order queries from the side bar or click the link above to contact me.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments