Romance Themed Explosion Box Card with Floral & Batik Print Design






When I first got the query regarding making a batik-themed box, it kinda stunned me a bit because all I thought of was the fabric itself. But upon understanding further with the order queries, this box card will have a mixture of batik-like printed patterned papers and flowers that are bright and colourful.

Then, I thought well, it would be a challenge getting these patterned papers. However, on the last weekend, I was very lucky to be given a lucky draw prize consisting of stickers and patterned papers from Kaisercraft among them and they were so perfect for this theme! I don't have a problem with the theme that has romantic elements to them either many of my cards are based on this theme. The next challenge is how to incorporate these two themes together.

Click through to see how I decorated each panel.



I tried not to think too much when I decorate the panels but I played along with shapes when I cut out the circles from the patterned papers and rearranged them with the flower cut outs. I finished off the collage with stickers from Crate Paper and woodchips from Prima Marketing. They go so well together!

Below are more close up pictures of the panels.





The only problem I had was the box cover which the first one didn't quite make it because it was a little bigger than the box so it seemed wobbly. But for the second one, as I was pressed for time, I tried to do up quickly and somehow it worked perfectly. Instead of using plain coloured cardstock, I had used a pattern paper instead that is akin to the batik print. 

I added a colourful element to the cover with a cut out of red and yellow flower cluster from Bo Bunny against a doily and finished it off with a 3D sticker which contrasted against the colourful cluster.

If you like this post, be sure to click on any of the share buttons below. For custom orders of box cards, please feel free to contact me from the link above or send me your order queries in the box on the right side bar.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments