Shabby Chic Personalized Displays using Lightweight Chipboard



Hey, I'm back with blogging after borrowing a spare laptop as my own laptop has been sent for repair. Unfortunately, when we get it back, it still won't look good but I most likely will get a new one end of the year because that laptop just won't do with its cracked screen which is so expensive to get it repaired.

Anyway, this is also my second time writing this post because somehow, when I deleted a previous post, I accidentally deleted this post as well. So, I'm going to spare you with my long windedness from that post and give you a quick rundown on the design above instead.


I like studying my past work especially if I haven't done a particular product for some time. Also, I like to see how many of those elements I can pick up and incorporate into my current style as my design style changes from time to time. However, there are some things that don't change or change slightly only so I still retain my own personal touch.

For instance, I like to mix up new and old embellishments together which also help to breathe new life into the older collections. For shabby chic designs, some timeless materials I like to use are usually lace and pearls. I used a lightweight chipboard, cut to size of 9 X 3 inches and then I covered it with patterned papers from Bluefern Studios. I then fussy cut some flowers from another patterned papers and layered them on the top left hand corner and added a paper flower on top.

I also added some puffy stickers, flourish and also a scroll chipboard which I painted in white and then cover it in distress glitter for some sparkles. The most difficult as usual was adhering the pearl string. It's always a struggle for me, haha...but somehow I always managed it.

If you like this post, be sure to share it around. For custom orders, feel free to send me your order queries from the box in the right side bar.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments