A Blue & Pink Shabby Chic A4 Sized Farewell Card


Saying farewell is hard but in life, things can change and over time, you find that you develop new interests and you want do something else that is equally or more meaningful than what you have right now.

When I think of a farewell card, I find that I like to associate hot air balloons and butterflies taking flight like a symbol of farewell, pretty much like how cake and balloons signify a birthday.

I have this little obsession of using rosettes for my work because of its 3D look. Of course you can easily make one by folding them equally in a up and down valley and then pushing the middle part down and putting something heavy on it before applying glue. You tube has few videos on how to DIY your own rosettes. These are store bought but they're pretty cheap. So cheap that I can't seem to find them nowadays :s

Anyway, I managed to get a rosette die to use with my big shot at less than half the retail price. Yay!! More rosettes!!




Below you can see up close how the design looks like for this A4 sized card. Besides rosettes, I also like to make other layers pop up and then slotting in embellishments. A current trend I notice is tearing the papers and then having something underneath the torn part like a flower or crystals.

I did a bit of stamping at a corner to add some depth and interest, using brown ink to be in line with the whole vintage look.


Hope you like this post and thanks for dropping by! Click on the labels below for more car design inspirations.

Comments