Tri Fold Shutter Handmade Card in Christmas Theme


I haven't made these tri fold cards for a long time and for this, I actually made use of stickers, journal sheet and patterned papers from a Christmas kit from Authentique that I got on sale for $10.00 only. It has this vintage feel which I like and felt that they are most appropriate for these tri fold cards.


So I cut out three journal cards from a single sheet of patterned paper with different quotes. I folded and cut a 12 X 6 inches patterned paper for each of the card and fold along the creases before cutting two lines down the middle. There are many tutorials online to teach you how to make a shutter or tri fold card.

I've added blings from Prima Marketing, which I managed to get my hands on after so long. I simply love to use crystal or pearl blings but I don't know if the brand I often buy these from are still around or not since many of scrapbooking brands have closed down.

I've also punched out some flowers using Tim Holtz punch because I'm too lazy to use the die cutting machine. I simply insert and press and ta-da, flowers =D

For dimension, you can cut out two flower shapes, either one big and one small, or both of the same size and then pile them on top of each other and fluff them a bit. Then you can add a step further to decorate the punched flowers by putting a button or pearl.

Below is how the cards look like with its wavy formation. Nice? More Christmas themed embellishments!



Hope you like this post! For custom orders, please feel free to send me your message via the contact form on the right.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments