Wedding Wishes, Rustic Charm for Parents' Anniversary & Birthday Explosion Box

I found this really nice pop up sticker of a wedding cake and I thought that it will make a nice topper for the explosion box card. The wedding wishes banner was from a patterned paper by Pink Paislee with various cut outs like thank you and birthday wishes. The flower cut out at the side is also from Pink Paislee and I liked how these elements work together for the box cover.




As for the top layer of the box, I kept to using pastel colours because I thought that it will go well with the overall wedding theme. I also like to use this wood flourish token for some interest as most of the embellishments are made from paper.





As for this birthday box card, I used mostly red and black coloured papers but I mixed in with some neutral colours to break the contrast a bit. Whenever I diecut, I will have these leftover glittered cardstock or gold foil. I will cut little triangles and use them to add some interest as I also don't want to waste them, hehe. For this one, I enhance a tiny bit the square cut out pieces at the corners with those shiny gold foil paper.


Actually I think I run out of ideas how to quickly decorate so I'm falling back on that same patterned paper, the one with the boxes of small greetings and other little things that I can cut out. For this one, I cut the small square of a floral picture and offset another cut of a heart with embossed gold polka dots.

I decided to paste it a little off set from the square so it looks like it's overhanging a bit with the flower pictures peeking out a bit. Very cool, at least that's what I think.


This is one of my favourite decorated boxes which I've done. I just like how the overall colour scheme seems to blend in well with the various cut out decorations and stickers. Besides polka dots, I also like woodgrain patterned papers. The contrasting colors make the box more appealing. I didn't want a too girly colour scheme as it's for an older married couple.

I actually had to dig out through piles of scraps to cut out things that are related to the theme and colours. These scraps never seem to diminish though, haha. Oh well.

Hope you like these box cards I've made that can inspire you as well.

Thanks for dropping by!


Comments