Blue Trifold Card with Butterflies for a Birthday



I like making trifold cards but seldom do I get to make something similar from a past design. When I have to, sometimes I would be thinking, gosh how many steps did I take, like it didn't seem to end, haha. I must have taken like half a day or something. But I just like how the multiple layers make the card front pop a bit and yes sometimes, I can be quite a detail freak.

I had a spare doily from a previous project that I cut using my cameo (when it's not cranky) which was for just in case I tear the other piece, knowing how careless I am. Then came this order request and like, okay I got a use for this, lol...so I didn't cut in vain.

This is one my favourite doily designs and I am happy the blogger gave it away as a free cut file. I think one day, I will cut it out using patterned paper instead. I believe it will look just as nice. I used the paper doily as the base to layer on butterflies which I have cut out and with some flower patterns as fillers for in between the layers. I also cut out a few hexagon shapes and one tip I can give is that shapes can actually be used creatively as the background pieces for a layout.


I used mostly embellishments from Maggie Holmes collection with Crate Paper 



The card when laid flat. I like how when it closed, you can peak at the embellishments on other layers

Comments